Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My dh has started a job today.  It is contract work and only 30 hrs. but it's a start.  I am still looking for work, but right now it's a good thing I don't have a job.  We have moved into our dd's house and I am getting the house unpacked.

We had moved in last Friday.  And to sleep in our own bed was the best part.  In the middle of the night I woke up and seeing the grim reaper staying over me, of course it wasn't, it was the shape of the window with the curtain.  lol.  Yes, I was a little disoriented, but I fell back to sleep.

The job that I had interviewed for reminded me of a cattle call.  I feel I interview well and I am not uncomfortable in interviews.  They had said that I would be notified in by the next day.  When I went to my car and looked at my phone and there was a message from the company saying I wasn't the right candidate for the job.  I just left the place and I couldn't believe I had already gotten a rejection letter.  Then in my email the next day was the same letter.  I wonder if it's my age, but being sixty is the  new fifty.  I do know that something awesome is out there, it's just taking it's time to make room for me.

My plan for today is to attack the kitchen.  We have a laundry room to the right of the kitchen and they have a nice size closet with shelving already placed.  I need to wash that down so the big kitchen appliances could go in there. The kitchen will take me all day.

We cannot park our cars in the garage, it is so packed with boxes.  I just don't know where the items will all go.  Living in Florida you don't have basements.  In one way that's good, you won't keep as much stuff.  I am trying to minimize but that is so hard to do.  The house we had in Illinois had a basement and I kept things thinking my children would want them.  No they didn't, so it went to garage sale or for donation.

One of the hard things I have are old pictures of family.  These are portraits, they are not my parents, but of cousins and family members I don't even know.  I tried to pass them off to other family members, but they didn't want them either.  They don't even know what to do with the ones they have.  I don't want to throw them away, I'd feel guilty doing that.  I guess they'll stay in a box and when I am long gone my children will throw them away.  They have no guilt in having to throw them out.  And that's ok with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment