Thursday, May 30, 2013

Who would think at the age of 60 my DH and I would have to start over!!   My DH lost his well paying job in 2010.  He is a tool and mold maker.  And jobs were being shipped overseas.  He did find a part-time job and had been doing that for the last 1 1/2 year.  My job is a bank teller.  I loved working at a bank and the customers are fun to deal with. 

Because of DH job it was hard for us to make our mortgage payments. We used up our money trying to save the house.  Which we shouldn't have done because it left us without any money in savings.  We made the hard decision to let the house go into foreclosure.  It made more sense for us to do that and be able to save money.  We could of stayed in Illinois and rent a place but we wanted a new start.  And what better way to do that is to move to Florida.

My DH has issues with walking and the snow and ice in Illinois was getting harder for him.  Since my DH didn't have a great job and I figured I would be able to get a job anywhere, we moved to Florida.  We are living with DH's sister for a little while.  They are helping us looking for jobs.  We are very thankful for they generosity.  

I have three daughters, two lives in Illinois and one lives in Florida.  My Florida DD is in process of buying a house and as soon as that gets settled we will be moving in with her.  I also left in Illinois, three grandchildren.  That is the hard part of living so far away because I would see them often.  Thank goodness for Skype and Facetime this way we get to see and talk to our grandchildren.

Yesterday was my DGD fourth birthday, it was sad for us not to be there with her.  We were there because of Skype and watched her blow out her candles and open her presents.  It was so cute because when she thanked us she hugged the computer and be always blow kisses.

I have to think of this as an adventure.  We met DH's sisters friends which are nice, but I do miss the ones we left behind.  My new adventure list consists of: job, church, friends, home, and traveling around the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment